Sunday, March 2, 2008

Introducing Fred .......

What a glorious day ...............

Sean planned on riding horses today. He has two of his own horses. A miniature horse named Dolly, that we bought him when he was first born. At this point he is too big to ride Dolly, but I would never part with her, she is part of the family. Here is a picture of Sean riding Dolly when he was 6 months old.



His other horse (technically a pony) is named Buster. Buster is close to 22 years old and was born here on the farm. From what I understand, the Troll had bought a horse, and one day when he looked out the window there was a colt next to the horse. Back in 1999 when the Troll and I were first together, we gave Buster to a little girl named Kimmie that I used to ride with. Kimmie is now all grown up and too big for Buster, so last year she gave him to Sean. So Buster has been more then full circle. He is your typical pony, he is grumpy, smart, fat, and aggravating! I LOVE BUSTER. So after breakfast we walked out into the pasture to get Buster. We had a grooming session and then we had a ground work and riding lesson. Sean wore his brand new Justin cowboy boots that he picked out all by himself. It was a very fun morning.

After lunch .... the Troll was off to the Clemson baseball game. I talked Sean into going letterboxing with me, and I told him he could bring FRED.

Fred is Sean's puppy. He is a dachshunese, you see we had a little accident here with my dachshund, Sebastian Alexander VIII, and our pekingese, Penny, who was abandoned here on the farm over 2 years ago (I thought she was spayed). Fred is now about 5 months old and the cutest little thing you have ever seen.



Sean decided that Fred needed a signature stamp, so I helped him create one.



I think so far he has used this stamp once or twice but he was NOT with Fred (and that was kinda the "rule" that they had to be together but he was so proud of the stamp, I think he did an exchange with 't' and Mama Fox one day ).

So off boxing we went, to Table Rock. I was in search of the one J Walkers box that eluded me the previous weekend, PLUS that trail is so nice and secluded that I felt it would be good for Fred's first time out. Fred did well and we were able to find come to the table. I helped Sean and Fred find the previous 3 boxes so they could add their stamp to the logbook.

It was such a nice day and it was only 2:00 and Sean actually ASKED if we could go up on the "regular" trails. I told him it would be WAY too crowded, but there were boxes up there .... so ......

We found your so vane and for the THIRD time I attempted Justink's everyone knows couch potatoes don't go hiking. ERRRRRRRRR yep THIRD try. I just don't get it, this one is another one that bugs me. (TINK HELP !)

Well needless to say it was SOOOOOOOOO crowded, Fred did well but he was on sensory overload from all the people wanting to pet him, and all the dogs. It really was too crowded to box.

BUT we had a great day and now Fred is an official letterboxer and the official Fred & Sean stamp is inky. If you see them together, please ask them for an exchange, they will be THRILLED.

No comments: